The tag is present in Lintian version
That is the most recent version we know about.
We use semantic versions.
The patch number is a commit step indicator relative to the
release tag in our Git
You can find the detection logic for this version at commit 23f836f. For merge requests, please use the latest version in the Lintian check languages/python.
The package installs a __pycache__ directory, which is normally only used to store compiled Python source files. Compiled Python source files must not be included in the package, instead they should be generated at installation time in the postinst.
Note this tag is issues even if the directory is empty.
For more information please consult:
- Documentation (Section 3.7) in the Debian Python Policy 0.12.0.0 documentation
The following 8 source packages in the archive triggered the tag 13 times (in any Lintian version).
There were no overrides.
- E [usr/share/apbs/tools/manip/__pycache__/]
- E [usr/share/doc/bornagain/examples/fit61_Galaxi/__pycache__/]
- E [usr/share/doc/bornagain/examples/fit/gisas2d/__pycache__/]
- E usr/lib/llvm-11/build/utils/lit/lit/formats/__pycache__/
- E usr/lib/llvm-11/build/utils/lit/lit/llvm/__pycache__/
- E usr/lib/llvm-11/build/utils/lit/lit/__pycache__/
- E usr/lib/llvm-9/build/utils/lit/lit/formats/__pycache__/
- E usr/lib/llvm-9/build/utils/lit/lit/llvm/__pycache__/
- E usr/lib/llvm-9/build/utils/lit/lit/__pycache__/
- E [usr/share/doc/python-matplotlib-doc/examples/units/__pycache__/]
- E [usr/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/__pycache__/]
- E [usr/share/doc/python-sphinx-copybutton-doc/html/_static/__pycache__/]
- E [usr/share/doc/python-sphinx-gallery-doc/examples/__pycache__/]