The tag is present in Lintian version
That is the most recent version we know about.
We use semantic versions.
The patch number is a commit step indicator relative to the
release tag in our Git
You can find the detection logic for this version at commit 23f836f. For merge requests, please use the latest version in the Lintian check files/permissions.
The file is setuid or setgid and has a mode different from any of 2755, 4755, 4754, or 6755. Any other permissions on setuid executables is probably a bug. In particular, removing root write privileges serves no purpose, group-writable setuid or setgid executables are probably bad ideas, and setgid executables that are not world-executable serve little purpose.
For more information please consult:
- Permissions and owners (Section 10.9) in the Debian Policy Manual
The following 5 source packages in the archive triggered the tag 8 times (in any Lintian version).
There were no overrides.
- W 4750 [usr/lib/amanda/ambind]
- W 4500 [usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/fis-gtm/V6.3-014_x86_64/gtmsecshrdir/gtmsecshr]
- W 4500 [usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/fis-gtm/V6.3-014_x86_64/utf8/gtmsecshrdir/gtmsecshr]
- W 4644 [usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0]
- W 2555 [usr/bin/nwall]