The tag is present in Lintian version
That is the most recent version we know about.
We use semantic versions.
The patch number is a commit step indicator relative to the
release tag in our Git
You can find the detection logic for this version at commit 02df726. For merge requests, please use the latest version in the Lintian check testsuite.
This package declares a
Test-Command that backgrounds
itself with an ampersand. That is not a good idea.
autopkgtest framework, the return value determines
whether a test was successful. It is therefore fundamental to the
testing process. Unfortunately, that value is being ignored here.
This test only fails when a message printed to
wins a race with the
autopkgtest harness. While that
may result in an accurate (but unreliable) detection of some test
failures, a review of archive-wide
shows no failures for backgrounded test commands.
Many incidents of this tag are based on a faulty command that invokes
xvfb-run for GUI programs. It was likely adopted from an
Please drop the ampersand at the end of the
For more information please consult:
The following 33 source packages in the archive triggered the tag 42 times (in any Lintian version).
There were no overrides.
- E xvfb-run -a /usr/bin/gchem3d & [debian/tests/control:5]
- E xvfb-run -a /usr/bin/gchemcalc & [debian/tests/control:10]
- E xvfb-run -a /usr/bin/gchempaint & [debian/tests/control:30]
- E xvfb-run -a /usr/bin/gchemtable & [debian/tests/control:15]
- E xvfb-run -a /usr/bin/gcrytsal & [debian/tests/control:25]
- E xvfb-run -a /usr/bin/gspectrum & [debian/tests/control:20]
- E xvfb-run -a posterazor & [debian/tests/control:1]
- E xvfb-run -a posterazor debian/tests/1.gif & [debian/tests/control:4]
- E xvfb-run -a posterazor debian/tests/2.jpg & [debian/tests/control:7]
- E xvfb-run -a posterazor debian/tests/3.png & [debian/tests/control:10]